Research Study Shows Success Traits for those Who Keep the LBs Off!

Evan Raoof here…
I was doing some research on-line and found the National Weight Loss Control Registry.
The registry established in 1994 by Rena Wing, Ph.D. from Brown Medical School, and James O. Hill, Ph.D. from the University of Colorado, is the largest prospective investigation of long-term successful weight loss maintenance.
This is an ongoing study and you may be surprised at some of the results.To qualify you must have lost 30 pounds or more and have kept it off for over 1 year.

As much as I think I am a great coach the study found that 45% of registry participants lost the weight on their own and the other 55% lost weight with the help of some type of program.

The NWLR found very few common traits of those who lost weight Except for 1 …Can you guess .. 89% of registry participants used both diet and physical activity to lose weight: only 10% used diet alone, and 1% used exercise alone
There is variety in how NWCR members keep the weight off. Most report continuing to maintain a low-calorie, low-fat diet and doing high levels of activity.
            *78% eat breakfast every day.
            *75% weigh themselves at least once a week.
            *62% watch less than 10 hours of TV per week.
            *90% exercise, on average, about 1 hour per day.

Registry members have lost an average of 66 lbs and kept it off for 5.5 years.
These averages, however, hide a lot of diversity:
Weight losses have ranged from 30 to 300 lbs.
Duration of successful weight loss has ranged from 1 year to 66 years!
Some have lost the weight rapidly, while others have lost weight very slowly–over as many as 14 years.

If you qualify for this study you might want to contact the NWLR here

If you are one that needs support ,education on Exercise and tools for your long-term weight loss success,we at Corepoint Fitness are here to help Sign up for your Free Dynamic Fitness & Fat loss Evaluation here
We at Corepoint Fitness are committed to helping you succeed Ask us about our Fast Start Metabolism program.


Warning: file_get_contents(https://graph.facebook.com/comments/?ids=http://www.corepointfitness.com/490/): failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request in /home/evanraoof/public_html/wp-content/plugins/facebook-like-and-comment/comments.php on line 17

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/evanraoof/public_html/wp-content/plugins/facebook-like-and-comment/comments.php on line 19